- Daily Course Evaluation
- Overall and Administration Evaluation
Interregional Training Course on Planning and Implementation of Nuclear Facility Decommissioning and Remediation of Radioactively Contaminated Sites
|Date:||1 – 12 April 2019|
|Location:||Argonne National Laboratory, Lemont, IL, USA|
Application Deadline for Nominee(s) of Invited IAEA Member States: 28 January 2019
The purpose of the event is to train participants on decommissioning and environmental remediation related issues with a comprehensive understanding of the key elements that need to be integrated in the planning and implementation of Decommissioning and Environmental Remediation Projects.
Scope and Nature
This course will take place over a two-week period, providing:
- Lectures on key topics relating to:
- Policies and Strategies on D&ER and Regulatory Framework;
- Project planning, management, cost-estimation and decision-making;
- Site characterization, sampling and analysis;
- Safety Assessment
- Stakeholder involvement and risk communication;
- Data management
- Technology selection and deployment, proven and emerging technologies and materials for evironmental remediation and decommissioning
- Site closure and long term stewardship; and
- Other topics specifically of interest to each sub-group
- Interactive exercises to allow meeting participants to put in practice the key concepts, methods, and tools they have been exposed to.
The course will be supported by a wide range of IAEA Safety Standards and NE-Series Reports that are relevant to the topics of Decommissioning and Environmental Remediation, Appropriate analytical and project management tools for the implementation and oversight, sound, and cost-effective strategies in the fields of decommissioning and environmental remediation will be covered.