- Daily Course Evaluation
- Overall and Administration Evaluation
Workshop on Safety Analysis and Safety Documents for Research Reactors
|Date:||March 8, 2021 – March 12, 2021 [Original Dates: 10/19-10/23/2020]|
Application Deadline for Nominee(s) of Invited IAEA Member States: January 8, 2021
The purpose of the virtual workshop is to provide the participants with a forum to discuss and share experience in performing safety analyses for research reactors, as well as in the preparation, updating and reviewing of safety documents for such facilities.
The virtual workshop will include on-line presentations by the IAEA representatives, followed by discussions with participants, on relevant IAEA safety standards and international good practices for the performance of safety analyses and the preparation, updating, review and assessment of SARs and OLCs. The virtual workshop will also include on-line presentations by the participants on their respective national practices and experience. The following technical topics will be covered:
- IAEA safety standards for research reactors, with an emphasis on those that address the performance of safety analyses as well as the preparation, review and assessment of safety documents;
- Safety analysis for research reactors, including identification and selection of initiating events and accident analysis methods;
- Derivation of the source term and analysis of radiological consequences of research reactor accidents;
- Safety analysis of modifications and experiments with major safety significance;
- Consideration of design extension conditions in safety analysis for research reactors;
- Establishment and implementation of OLCs;
- Regulatory review and assessment of research reactor safety documents; and
- Use of a graded approach for the application of safety requirements to safety analysis and to safety documents for research reactors.