- Daily Course Evaluation
- Overall and Administration Evaluation
Interregional Training Course on Radiation Protection Considerations for Embarking Countries
|Date:||April 17, 2023 – April 21, 2023|
|Location:||Argonne National Laboratory, Lemont, IL, USA|
The purpose of the event is to train participants, from countries considering nuclear power programme, on the development of a comprehensive and effective radiation protection programme, from theory to practice in line with the IAEA Safety Standards.
The event will emphasize on the dynamics of systematic arrangements at the national level on Radiation Protection referring to milestones approach and phases for nuclear power infrastructure development.
Scope and Nature
This event is planned for one week and will include a combination of classroom lectures and interactive exercises.
The training course will be conducted as a series of presentations by IAEA staff and international experts. The programme will also include discussions, case studies, peer-to-peer exchange of good practices, group exercises and working group sessions on related topical issues.
The expected outputs of the training course are improved knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- IAEA Safety Standards on Radiation Protection;
- Activities in the field of Radiation Protection in the Milestones document and Evaluation Methodology;
- Actions from SSG-16 in the area of radiation protection;
- International Programmes, tools and mechanisms such as ISOE and ORPNET and;
- Elective Nuclear Safety and Security Peer Review and Advisory Service for Embarking and Expanding Countries (SEED, IRRS, EPREV, TSR, ARTEMIS, Pre-OSART and ORPAS).
The training course will also provide participants the opportunity to discuss common challenges and lessons learned, fostering enhanced networking between Member States embarking on new nuclear power programmes.