International Workshop on Essential Elements of Nuclear Security
|Date:||15 – 26 May 2017|
|Location:||Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL, USA|
Deadline for Nominations: 5 March 2017
In the NewsIn May 2017, this course was featured in an article titled "The global reach of Argonne’s nuclear security training team."
The purpose of the workshop is to provide the participants with an in-depth understanding of the essential elements of nuclear security as described in the IAEA Nuclear Security Fundamentals publication Objective and Essential Elements of a State's Nuclear Security Regime (IAEA Nuclear Security Series No. 20).
The Workshop will include lectures and exercises focused on:
- the international and national legal framework for nuclear security;
- understanding methodologies to assess threats and risks;
- transport security
- security of nuclear and other radioactive material, associated facilities and associated activities; detection of and response to nuclear security events (including the use of detection instruments. radiological crime scene management and an introduction to nuclear forensics);
- combatting illicit trafficking in nuclear and other radioactive material; and
- international cooperation and assistance to support nuclear security.
- Administration Evaluation